As an Infrastructure Engineer for Dark Cubed you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting our production infrastructure and the technology deployed to support our customers. You should already have a solid understanding of Linux, networking, Docker, and Kubernetes. You will become (if you are not already) a Kubernetes grand master and all you come in contact with will bow to your abilities.
You will also have the chance to play with a range of cool open source technologies and some secret sauce that we have developed in house on a daily basis. This is an awesome position that will allow to you to be on the cutting edge of developing modern infrastructures that blur the lines between hardware appliance, virtual infrastructures, and cloud-based infrastructures.
- You will be the lead for all infrastructure support issues and will monitor for stability and reliability.
- You will be the first line of defense when infrastructure dragons rear their heads, but will have the backup and support of our brilliant engineering team if you need help.
- You will have opportunities to expand your skills in managing data stores, scalable architectures, and supporting the development and delivery of cutting edge cyber security capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (We need to make sure you can speak so good)
- You must be comfortable working within Linux (Sorry, you will not be able to use your Windows ME laptop anymore)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Container Linux (We are not talking Tupperware)
- Understanding of Linux-based networking (Everything is about connections, right?)
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a startup environment (You ready to join us yet?)
- Located in the Washington D.C. Region (Did you know the Smithsonian Museums are free here??)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Hint: Bonus point opportunities!!)
- Expertise in Networking and Firewalls
- Experience with Grafana
- Expert knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Go, Ruby, and Python
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Graph Databases (e.g. Neo4j)